Being a victim of a crime is often a stressful experience. To make your feel more comfortable with the criminal justice procedures that follow your report of a crime, the Victim Advocate is in the Prosecuting Attorney’s office to provide the following services:
- Information and assistance in applying for Michigan Crime Victim Compensation.
- Information about emergency services such as food, clothing, and a place to live.
- Information about the Courts, their procedures and case progress.
- A person to accompany you to court when you ask for someone.
- An opportunity for you to express to the Judge your feelings about the sentence to be imposed.
- Arrangements for the return of personal property which was recovered by the police or taken as evidence of the crime.
- Information and assistance in seeking Court-ordered restitution for losses you suffered because of the crime.